Self Storage Insurance
Self Storage insurance protects your valuable possessions when you need to place them in self-storage units for a period of time. Self-storage companies usually offer their own insurance, but it doesn’t mean that you have to take theirs. In fact it’s often much more cost-effective to purchase it from a specialist insurer.
Our storage insurance covers domestic and commercial self-storage, and is available for long-term and short-term rentals. Prices start from just £0.78 per week.
Remember, that you need to provide an accurate estimate of your contents’ value so you aren’t underinsured in the event of a claim.
Other factors that can affect the cost of insurance include the location of the premises, 24-hour CCTV and fire alarms, secure reception and controlled access to storage units, staff on premises 24/7, and the construction of the storage units.
Key Benefits of SAGIC Self-Storage Insurance
At our discretion, we will replace or repair any stored items damaged. Our storage insurance provides coverage against loss or damage in the event of:
- Natural disasters. These include lightning, earthquake, storm, flood and snow
- Fire and explosion
- Leaking water/liquid from fixed water tanks and pipes
- Theft and attempted theft. Proof of violent breaking and entering (e.g. broken lock) is required
- Falling trees, telegraph poles and lamp posts
- Collision by any vehicle or animal
- Impact by aircraft and other flying devices, or items dropped from flying aircraft
- Riots, violent disorders, strikes, labour disturbances, civil commotion and malicious acts
Possessions covered by storage insurance
- Computer and electronic office equipment
- Deeds, registered bonds, and personal documents up to £1,000
- Household furnishings, furniture, carpets, curtains, and home appliances
- Machinery, stock, tools, and plant
- Pedal cycles up to £1,000 per cycle
- Personal possessions
- Stamp, coin, and other collections up to £1,000
- Valuables up to £1,000
- Your policy won’t cover any type of currency, including money, coins, bullion, credit/debit cards, lottery tickets and vouchers.
- Your policy won’t cover dangerous items, including explosives, flammable contents and fire arms and ammunition.