Three levels of cover are available, so you can choose the insurance policy which suits your mobility scooter and your needs.
Summary of cover
The key benefits of our mobility scooter insurance policies include:
- Insurance cover for new and used mobility scooters
- Recovery costs for transport home after a breakdown
- Personal accident
- Personal effects
- Accidental damage, as well as malicious damage and vandalism
- Third party liability cover up to £2 million
- Cover for multiple riders
- Hire costs for temporary replacement scooter
- Up to £100,000 cover for legal expenses
- Mobility scooter insurance is not required by law (but it is highly recommended).
- Mobility scooters are bound by the rules of the road (they don’t get special dispensation).
- Mobility scooters on pavements are restricted to 4mph (on the road, mobility scooters are restricted to 8mph).
- Safety accessories are recommended.
- You can get helmets, straps, and safety vests
- Security accessories are recommended.
- You can get alarm systems and special locks for mobility scooters and powered wheelchairs.
- Administration and Systems are provided
- by our partner Surewise.com and underwritten by us.