Self storage companies usually offer their own insurance, but it doesn’t mean that you have to take theirs. In fact it’s often much more cost-effective to purchase it from a specialist insurer.
Our policies can cover purpose built storage units with internal and external units and storage facilities with storage containers. Please see our policy wording for more details on exactly what security and facilities units are required to have to be covered.
What do our storage insurance policies cover?
From commercial to domestic possessions. Choose what you want to cover.
Summary of cover
At our discretion, we will replace or repair any stored items damaged. Our storage insurance provides coverage against loss or damage in the event of:
- Theft and attempted theft. Proof of violent breaking and entering (e.g. broken lock) is required.
- Fire and explosion.
- Leaking water/liquid from fixed water tanks and pipes.*
- Natural disasters. These include lightning, earthquake, storm, flood and snow.*
- Falling trees, telegraph poles and lamp posts.
- Collision by any vehicle or animal.
- Impact by aircraft and other flying devices, or items dropped from flying aircraft.
- Riots, violent disorders, strikes, labour disturbances, civil commotion and malicious acts.
* Note: Water Ingress & Vermin are not included on our policies for external storage container units.
- Computer and eletronic office equipment
- Deeds, registered bonds, and personal documents up to £1,000
- Household furnishing, furniture, carpets, curtains, and home appliances.
- Machinery, stock, tools, and plant
- Pedal cycles up to £1,000 per cycle
- Personal possessions
- Stamp, coin, and other collections up to £1,000
- Valuables up to £1,000
What is not covered
- Your policy won’t cover any type of currency, including money, coins, bullion, credit/debit cards, lottery tickets and vouchers.
- Your policy won’t cover dangerous items, including explosives, flammable contents and firearms and ammunition.
Requirements for storage providers
- This location is purpose built and is of substantial construction.
- The company managing the facility are solely involved in storing goods (rather than storage facilities from running farms and other haulage locations).
- It has 24 hour CCTV and fire alarms.
- Secure reception area and controlled access to storage areas.
- Staff on premises at all times when open.
This policy comes with
NO interest on monthly payments
NO amendment fees
NO credit card charges
NO cost for postal confirmations